Citizens Advice Are Still Open
Whilst they currently cannot offer face to face appointments, Citizens Advice Hammersmith & Fulham is very much open for business as usual. Their dedicated staff and trained volunteers are available to offer free, confidential and impartial advice. They can help with most issues but specialise in Benefits, Debt, Housing and Employment.
Please tell your local friends, family and neighbours to get in touch if they need their support.
To get in touch
By email: Visit: http://www.cahf.org.uk where you can complete a simple email form – they’ll get back to you within 2-3 working days
By phone: You can call on 0300 330 1162 (Mon-Friday 10am-4pm). If you can’t get through or have a long wait, please use the form instead
Areas They Cover
You can ask them anything and they’ll do their best to help. Here’s a selection of the most common issues yhey’re dealing with at the moment:
- Understanding how to make a claim for Universal Credit
- Checking that people are getting all the benefits they’re entitled to
- Explaining how furlough works and discussing it with employers
- Negotiating with landlords
- Help bridging the gap between pay days
- Talking with banks and other creditors to ask for a freeze on repayments
- Problems getting money back from hotels/holidays that are now cancelled
If you’re struggling with Debt: whilst many organisations may have agreed to defer payments, you can still get help from them if you are unsure or need help negotiating repayments for the longer term.